Action Taken by Department of Defence Production:
- Preventive Vigilance - In order to increase the level of transparency in various activities of Defence PSUs and Directorate of Ordnance (Coordination & Services) (Erstwhile Ordnance Factory Board), ‘Actionable Points’ like Inter Organisation Audit, Covering 90% contracts under Integrity Pact, reduction in Limited/ Single Tenders through Vendor Development, 90% of procurements (by value) through e-Procurement, Rotational transfer of staff holding sensitive posts, Conduct CTE type Inspections by the CVOs, Monitoring of Public Procurement (Preference to make in India) etc were identified and circulated to all the DPSUs and Directorate of Ordnance (Coordination & Services).
- Punitive Vigilance - During the Year 2021-22, DDP/ Vigilance has undertaken various punitive actions like imposition of Major / Minor Penalties in respect of Group ‘A’ officers of Directorate of Ordnance (Coordination & Services) (Erstwhile Ordnance Factory Board)/ DGQA and Board Level officers of DPSUs.
- Preventive Vigilance: 83 Preventive checks and 1290 APR checks have been done during the year 2021-22. Rotational Transfer policy has been fully implemented.
- System Improvements: Major System improvement suggestions have been made regarding:
- Preventive Vigilance: In the above DPSUs preventive vigilance activities like inspections, organizational audit etc were carried out. Sensitization programmes and training sessions for the staff on ‘Preventive Vigilance’ were also organized.
- Vigilance Awareness Week: Vigilance Awareness Week was observed from 26th October 2021 to 01st November 2021 focusing on theme “Vigilant India – Prosperous India”.
- System Improvements: Based on suggestions by respective Vigilance Departments, various system improvement measures were incorporated by the DPSUs.
- Preventive Vigilance: Measures like Surprise check have been taken to improve systems and procedures to eliminate/ reduce corruption, promote transparency and ease of doing business and to ensure better operational results. Rotational Transfers of officers holding sensitive posts are also carried out periodically.
- Vigilance Awareness Week: Vigilance Awareness Week was observed from 26th October 2021 to 01st November 2021 in all Units/ Establishments as well as at HQ/ DGQA Tech Directorates/ Adm Directorates. A large number of activities relating to vigilance sensitization was carried out like Slogans, Speeches, Quiz and debates, conduct of workshops/sensitization programmes, distribution of pamphlets/ banners, etc. Prizes were awarded to the participants. Lectures/Speeches were also delivered by the HOEs covering aspects of honesty, integrity & encouraging employees to support the cause of eradicating corruption.
- Preventive Vigilance: The Inspection Notes issued by officers at various Field Establishments and at HQrs’ DGAQA are constantly monitored at HQrs as a proactive and preventive measure. Rotational Transfers of officers holding sensitive posts are also carried out periodically.
- With a view to inculcate vigilance awareness, banners with appropriate slogans were displayed and in-house talks were organized during the Vigilance Awareness Week celebrated from 26th October 2021 to 01st November 2021.
Actions Taken by Organizations under DDP
A. Directorate of Ordnance (Coordination & Services) (Erstwhile Ordnance Factory Board):
(i) Effective utilization of Govt. Resources
(ii) Input material inspection.
(iii) Procurement of Plant and Machineries
(iv) Guidelines on execution of Civil Works by Ordnance Factories
(v) System Improvement suggestions regarding QAP
(vi) Execution of Civil Works
(vii) To avoid misinterpretation of Delegation of Financial Powers.
(i) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE)
(ii) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL)
(iii) MDL (Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited)
(iv) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
(v) Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd. (MIDHANI)
(vi) Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL)
(vii) Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)
(viii) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
(ix) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
(x) Troops Comfort Items (TCL)
(xi) Advanced Weapons and Equipment India Limited (AWE India)
(xii) Gliders India Limited (GIL)
(xiii) India Optel Limited (IOL)
(xiv) Yantra India Limited (YIL)
(xv) Munitions India Limited (MIL)
(xvi) Armoured Vehicles Nigam Limited (AVANI)