Action Taken By Department of Defence Production
- Preventive Vigilance – 1.Preventive Vigilance – DDP has put in place a monthly reporting and review mechanism of all ongoing Disciplinary cases to carry out monitoring for ensuring compliance to the CVC guidelines. A monthly review of all pending cases is carried out in DDP based on the inputs from the attached offices and the cases needing speedy action are highlighted to the respective offices and followed up with meetings, etc. With the respective CVOs in which individual cases are reviewed to ensure expeditious disposal.
- Punitive Vigilance: During the Year 2022-23, DDP/ Vigilance has undertaken various punitive actions like imposition of Major / Minor Penalties in respect of Group ‘A’ officers of Directorate of Ordnance (Coordination & Services) (Erstwhile Ordnance Factory Board)/ DGQA and Board Level officers of DPSUs.
Action Taken By Organizations under DDP
A. Directorate of Ordnance (Coordination & Services) (Erstwhile Ordnance Factory Board):
- Preventive Vigilance: During the year 2022, periodical inspections, surprise checks, scrutiny of the Annual Immovable Property Return, Audit Reports have been carried out by the unit vigilance officers and their teams.
- System Improvements: Major System improvement suggestions have been made regarding:
(i) Hiring of Manpower Services
(ii) Running LPG Distribution Agency through Cooperative Society.
(iii) Formulating detailed SOPs
(iv) Activities required to be performed by Recruitment committee and adoption of proper methodology
(i) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE)
(ii) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL)
(iii) MDL (Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited)
(iv) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
(v) Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd. (MIDHANI)
(vi) Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL)
(vii) Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)
(viii) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
(ix) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
(x) Troops Comfort Items (TCL)
(xi) Advanced Weapons and Equipment India Limited (AWE India)
(xii) Gliders India Limited (GIL)
(xiii) India Optel Limited (IOL)
(xiv) Yantra India Limited (YIL)
(xv) Munitions India Limited (MIL)
(xvi) Armoured Vehicles Nigam Limited (AVANI)
- Preventive Vigilance: In the above DPSUs preventive vigilance activities like inspections, organizational audit etc were carried out. Sensitization programmes and training sessions for the staff on ‘Preventive Vigilance’ were also organized.
- Vigilance Awareness Week: Vigilance Awareness Week was observed from 31st October 2022 to 6th November 2022 focusing on theme “Corruption Free India for a Developed Nation”.
- System Improvements: Based on suggestions by respective Vigilance Departments, various system improvement measures were incorporated by the DPSUs.
C.Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA):
- Preventive Vigilance: Measures like Surprise check have been taken to improve systems and procedures to eliminate/ reduce corruption, promote transparency and ease of doing business and to ensure better operational results. Rotational Transfers of officers holding sensitive posts are also carried out periodically.
- Vigilance Awareness Week: Vigilance Awareness Week was observed from 27th October 2020 to 2nd November 2020 in all Units/ Establishments as well as at HQ/ DGQA Tech Directorates/ Adm Directorates. A large number of activities relating to vigilance sensitization was carried out like Slogans, Speeches, Quiz and debates, conduct of workshops/sensitization programmes, distribution of pamphlets/ banners, etc. Prizes were awarded to the participants. Lectures/Speeches were also delivered by the HOEs covering aspects of honesty, integrity & encouraging employees to support the cause of eradicating corruption.
D.Directorate General of Aeronautical Quality Assurance (DGAQA):
- Preventive Vigilance: The Inspection Notes issued by officers at various Field Establishments and at HQrs’ DGAQA are constantly monitored at HQrs as a proactive and preventive measure.
- Vigilance Awareness Week: With a view to inculcate vigilance awareness, banners with appropriate slogans were displayed and in-house talks were organized during the Vigilance Awareness Week celebrated from 31st October 2022 to 6th November 2022.